What kind of information does Activity Rocket collect from me? What does Activity Rocket do with it?
- Personally Identifiable Information: Activity Rocket is a personalized service and therefore we collect personally identifiable information from you. Personally identifiable information is any information that may be used to identify you, including, but not limited to, your name, email address, and financial information. You provide us with this personally identifiable information voluntarily through optional submissions, such as sign up and login pages, as well as when you click to register for activities, or leave our site to directly connect to the website of one of our activity providers. For example, when you sign up to create a Rocket Profile account to use Activity Rocket's organizational tools, you are asked to submit some basic registration information including a valid email address and password, which you choose. We use this personally identifiable information to identify each authorized user, provide and improve our services, customize your user experience, secure your account, and prevent fraud. We also use your email address to communicate with you about Activity Rocket's products and services, but you may choose to opt out of these mailings at any time.
- Private Content.
- In the event that the business conducting the activity you have selected prefers to collect registration information itself (rather than through Activity Rocket), we will connect you to that business’ website for registration. We will share your name and email with the business conducting the activity you selected in connection with verifying the users we have redirected to their website for registration. We may also ask you to answer a few questions before transferring you to the business’ website, including whether you want to receive reminders from us and whether you want the business conducting the activity you have selected to accept registration through Activity Rocket in the future. By answering these questions, you agree that we can share your name and your answers with the business conducting the activity you selected. When you click on any REGISTER button and when you click on a provider website address or URL within the Site, you will be required to provide your name and email. By providing this information, you agree that we can share your name and email with the business you have selected.
- Public Content. Public Content includes any information you submit to Activity Rocket outside of your secured account. For example, if you post ratings, comment on our blog, respond to public surveys, or participate in other social media you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users to send you unsolicited messages. This information is Public Content because people do not need a password to access or view this content on our site. This Public Content that you choose to post outside of your secured account is not private. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that Public Content you post on the Site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of Public Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored your Public Content. All sharing of personally identifiable information by you in the public forums on our Site is done at your own risk. Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information, this information may become publicly available.
Also, when you choose to use our share function to tell a friend about our site or an activity, we will ask you for information needed to send that information, such as your friend's email address. Activity Rocket stores this information to send this one-time invitation and to track the success of our referral program. We will not contact your friends other than through this initial referral email requested by you. Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
- Anonymous Information. Activity Rocket collects Anonymous information - information that does not identify you - as you use the Service. Similar to other web services, Activity Rocket automatically records information based on your account activity and use of our site or Services. We do this to improve our Service, and to customize content and advertising. We may share this non-personally identifiable information with third parties that help us operate the Service. Other non-personally identifiable information we may collect includes:
- Generic user information and content (including both Public and Private Content) in the aggregate as you use our Service to analyze our overall user demographics and usage patterns.
- Information from our server logs including information such as your Internet Protocol address, browser details, the date and time of your request and other information about your usage of our site and service.
- Our site contains links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the other sites' privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
How does Activity Rocket keep my information secure?
Activity Rocket uses several industry best standard methods of securing user information and data. We use firewall barriers and secure socket layers, where appropriate. We also maintain strict limits on who at Activity Rocket can access the information databases that contain your information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the unlikely case of a security breach on our database, we will take immediate steps to resolve the problem swiftly and effectively. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can send email us at email@example.com
Do you share my information with third parties?
Activity Rocket does not sell, rent or trade personally identifiable information with third parties for promotional purposes. We only share your personally identifiable information with the business conducting the activity, offering a deal or promotion, for which you are registering or clicking through to their website. Additionally, Activity Rocket may share your personally identifiable information with third parties only in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is legally required or permitted by you. Activity Rocket will, however, share Anonymous Information, such as general demographic information about our Users and the Public Content they may share.
In addition, for technical purposes only, we may share personally identifiable information with third parties to help us bring you the services we offer. Specifically, from time to time we use third parties to facilitate our business, such as to host the service at a co-location facility for servers, to send out email updates related to services from Activity Rocket, to remove repetitive information from our user lists, or to provide search results or links (including sponsored links). In addition, as detailed in our "Private Content" section above, we use a Payment Processing Company to collect and process your payment information when you register for activities. In connection with these offerings and business operations, our service providers may have access to your personal information for use for a limited time and a limited purpose. They may not use this information for their own promotional purposes. Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any personal information, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the Activity Rocket-specified purposes.
Will you transfer my information to a third party?
How does Activity Rocket protect information for children under age 18?
Activity Rocket takes the protection of children and their personal information very seriously. We strictly comply with the federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. Activity Rocket does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for Activity Rocket or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on Activity Rocket.
In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe we have collected information from a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I access, correct or remove my information collected by Activity Rocket?
You can access, review, delete, and update your personal information at any time by logging into Activity Rocket and clicking on your Rocket Profile link. If you would like to change your email address which you used to register with Activity Rocket, you can do that by emailing us at email@example.com and providing us with your new information.
Your data belongs to you, and you can remove it anytime you want. If you ask us to delete your account, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your data from our servers. Despite such removal, portions of your data may remain on our production and back-up servers indefinitely.
If we choose to send to you bulletins, updates, or other unsolicited communications that are marketing-related materials, we will provide you with the ability to decline -- or “opt-out of” – receiving such communications. Instructions for opting-out will be provided if and when we determine to send you such a communication. Please understand that you will not be allowed to "opt-out" of formal notices concerning your relationship with Activity Rocket or operation of this Website.
How do I contact Activity Rocket?
DATE: September 25, 2014